- Category: Community
- Published on 17 January 2013
- Written by openscenegraph
- Hits: 3772
Use this page to record corrections to common spelling and grammatical mistakes. This will make sure our changes are consistent.
- Doxygen-edible, multi-line comment style:
/** A slash, followed by two asterisks and a space, followed * by a capital letter as the start of a sentence. Subsequent * lines start with two spaces, an asterisk, a space, then * text. The final line is an asterisk and a slash. */
- Doxygen-edible Single-line comment style: A slash, two asterisks, a space, a complete sentence with capitalization ending with a period, a space, an asterisk, and a slash.
/** This is a single-line Doxygen comment. */
The C++ form is acceptable for non-Doxygen comments:
// A C++ comment.
- Plural versus possessive: parameters -- plural, more than one parameter. parameter's -- possessive form of a single parameter. parameters' -- possessive form of multiple parameters.
- "its" versus "it's" its -- Possessive. it's -- contraction form of "it is".
- Separate not seperate.
- Equivalent not equivalant.
- OpenGL not OpenGl
- Color not colour
- Mipmap not mip map
- "OpenSceneGraph" not "The OpenSceneGraph"
- Try to fit in 80 Columns ?
- Tabs are 4 spaces
- Remove extraneous whitespace at end of lines, wherever noticed
- Condense multiple spaces between sentences: good starting place. The OSG's to
good starting place. The OSG's
- Common fragments that could be batch replaced
/** Accept an ConstAttributeFunctor
/** Accept a ConstAttributeFunctor
* Capitalize first letter and insert an extra space preceeding the */ at the end of these common blocks (can be automated):
/** copy constructor using CopyOp to manage deep vs shallow copy.*/ /** return -1 if *this < *rhs, 0 if *this==*rhs, 1 if *this>*rhs.*/