- Category: Developer Releases
- Published on 19 December 2014
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 3639
OpenSceneGraph-3.3.3, released on 19th December 2014, key deliverables in this dev release are:
- New osgTerrain::DisplacementMappingTechnique that uses sharing of geometry tiles and height field textures to render the terrain, reducing main memory and GPU memory usage to less than 40% of previous usage, and reduces GPU costs to around 60% of previous requirements for a terrain.
- New LAS plugin (depends upon libLAS and Boost)
- New GStreamer plugin for cross platform video
- New OpenGL extension set-up architecture that reduces both the code footprint, library size and runtime memory footprint, as well as make it easier to extend.
- Support for glVertexAttribDivisor via new osg::VertexAttribDivisor StateAttribute
- Support for glBlendEquationi, glBendFunci, glColorMaski and glEnable/glDisablei iva new BlendEquationi, BlendFunci, ColorMaski, and Enablei/Disablei StateAttributes to better support Multiple Render Target usage.
- New osg::ShaderStorageBufferObject class and osgssbo example.
- New osggpucull example that demonstrates culling on the GPU.
- Threading safety and performance improvements to the DatabasePager
- Refactor of osg::Drawable so that it is no subclassed from osg::Node allow it to be directly placed in the scene graph without the need for a Geode parent.
- Standardization of callbacks in Node, Drawable, StateSet and StateAttributes
- Improved Android toolchain build
- Improvements to QT4 and QT5 support in osgQt
- Improvements to the new osgUI NodeKit and Lua Scripting support
- Bug and build fixes
source package : OpenSceneGraph-3.3.3.zip
svn tag: svn co http://svn.openscenegraph.org/osg/OpenSceneGraph/tags/OpenSceneGraph-3.3.3 OpenSceneGraph